Last week, Swim Creative hosted a Google Party. We learned a ton about YouTube ads and how they can work for our clients, no matter what business you’re in.
#1) Have an “always-on” content strategy.
This doesn’t mean stop promoting yourself in the local newspaper, we’re simply saying think about where your customers spend the most time.
In 2014, people spent an average of:
- three hours/day watching TV
- nearly six hours/day online
Examples of brands with “always on” strategies:
- Warby Parker’s “Make Your Own” Annual Report
- Whole Latte Love‘s educational videos for coffee lovers
- Visit California swapped broadcast TV for online
#2) Show, don’t tell.
Find the one attribute you want your customers to think of when they think of you. Are you authentic? Are you organic? Are you quirky? Pick an adjective and own it.
Example: The Talenti Story
#3) Help. Hub. Hero.
Structure your content in a way that effectively reaches your customer. As we explain the H-H-H Theory, Whole Foods Market will serve as an example.
Help: Answer the questions your customers are asking. What products/services do you offer? How do we get in contact with you? Where can we find you?
Use Google Trends and tap into your customer service department.
Whole Foods Market example: recipes and cooking tips.
Hub: This is a balance of what your brand stands for and what your customers really want to see. What are your customers looking for? What’s your business story?
Whole Foods Market example: the Dark Rye series (soon-to-be premiering on cable).
Hero: This is when you orchestrate all of your best advertising methods and messages at once.
Whole Foods Market example: Values Matter campaign.
Now that you understand how to reach your customers, it’s time to implement. Once ads are live, actively practice the following:
- Test & measure: study the analytics and make sure your videos are working.
- Listen & respond: you have a chance to listen to and respond to your customers.
- Leave no dead ends: make sure your call to action is clear and upfront.
Still not convinced?
- YouTube is the #2 search engine in the world, right behind Google.
- Every minute, 100 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube.
- Sixty four percent of viewers use YouTube to find products.
Swim Creative has invested a lot to become a Google Partner. We provide services to help get your business at the top of search results and in front of your target audience.
A few online videos we’ve produced:
Interested in increasing the performance of your brand on YouTube? Give us a call!