The American Advertising AwardsⓇ: Not as big as the Oscars, but in the advertising realm, it’s up there.
The American Advertising Federation’s AwardsⓇ competition is the largest and most representative advertising competition in the country- with nearly 35,000 entries each year.
So, kind of a big deal.
Yours truly, Swim Creative, was chosen to judge in this prestigious competition. Specifically, our expert advertising leaders and (dare we say) gurus:
- Patrice Bradley, CEO and Creative Director – Orlando, Florida Competition
- David Sadowski, Partner and Brand Director – Tampa Bay, Florida Competition
- Bill Nelson, Director of Accounts – District 3 Competition (12 advertising clubs in Virginia, North and South Carolina)
There are 3 elusive tiers to the American Advertising AwardsⓇ that advertising professionals need to advance through.
- Tier 1 – entrants must compete to be recognized as the best in their local market
- Tier 2 – in this round, local ADDY winners from tier 1 compete against each other (there are 15 different district competitions)
- Tier 3 – district ADDY winners from tier 2 move on to this final tier – the national stage of the American Advertising Awards
All three Swim leaders judged at the local and the district levels, with many entrants advancing to and winning at the national level.
“It is an honor to be invited to judge the American Advertising Awards,” said Patrice Bradley. “We get to evaluate some amazing advertising work and, in some cases, see that work go on to receive national recognition. David, Bill and I have been in this industry for decades and we are proud to share our experience and expertise with the AAF, along with other judges from around the country.”
“This is an important competition,” said Bill Nelson. “Not only does it celebrate the best creative in the country and recognize some amazing talent, but it also supports the industry.”
According to the American Advertising Federation (AAF), proceeds from the competition are used to enhance advertising through programs such as public service, internships, advocacy groups, advertising education, and consumer awareness.
Learn more about the American Advertising Federation AwardsⓇ by visiting the American Advertising Federation’s website, or watch the AAF 2021 virtual awards gala.