Amber is Swim’s digital strategist, managing all things digital, content, and SEO. In her free time, she’s running the trails or cozied up with a new book.
I had the pleasure of attending my first Confab Central in Minneapolis last month. In its sixth year, Brain Traffic has built an incredible event that brings content strategists together from around the world.
- Kristina Halvorson, Brain Traffic
- Strategists from Facebook, Microsoft, Slack, Netflix, and more
- Anil Dash, Activate & ThinkUp
- First-timers (Check out the Lightning Talks!)
- Cheryl Strayed, Author
- Be human, show empathy and compassion
- Create a framework that works for you, and follow it
- You can’t do SEO without content
- Find your Patronus
- Think customers first
- People don’t care about your product or brand. They care about themselves.
Recommended books, shows, and tools:
- Mailchimp’s Style Guide
- Content Strategy for the Web, Kristina Halvorson
- Business Town
- Silicon Valley
One thing that stuck with me:
Create content with a purpose.
If you want to talk content strategy, call us or send Amber a note.